Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Today I got to go to work, packaging together Christmas gift sets for those who love to garden. Those of you who read this may not know that I work at The Plant Farm in Smokey Point up in Washington state. It was fun, putting related items together, then tying twine around them, finally tagging them before they go through the inventory process.

At this time of year, the season has pretty much reached a low point, including shoppers who come. All the more reason to love spring and summer, but not so much the fall and certainly not the winter.

You see, I love where I work. For most of my life, I've enjoyed working with plants and learning about them too. Recently, I got accepted into the local WSU Master Gardener program. I'm excited about starting it next month in January. It is where I'll learn even more about plants, pests, diseases, products, and gardening techniques. It's right up my alley.

Any of you who view my blog and live in Washington state, come up, down, or over to The Plant Farm sometime to check it out. It's in Marysville. www.theplantfarm.com is their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment